|Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to your questions. If you have a question we haven't thought of, be sure to phone Sundre United Church at 403-638-4428 and we'll help you out.
- You are welcome whether you are single, a couple or a family.
- You are welcome, no matter your background, faith traditions or experiences.
We attempt to live our values of sharing and caring for you by welcoming you.
Nervous about walking thru the doors?
We are a small, rural congregation who attempt to show western hospitality by greeting you inside the church and introducing you to someone else to sit with for church service. Immediately after, we encourage you to join with us for fellowship, refreshments and snacks.
- We are fully wheelchair accessible into the church or via the ramp into the church hall.
- There are handicapped parking spots closest to the church entrance.
- We have a new sound system for everyone to hear well in the Sanctuary and church hall.
- All children and infants are welcome into the Sanctuary. We welcome the sounds of children enjoying worship. If you prefer to listen to the service from the back of the upper Sanctuary, there is a container with toys in it for the children to play with.
- Time for Children and Youth - each Sunday, the Minister or a Leader invites children to the front of the church to listen or participate in a youth appropriate Christian story, lesson or skit.
- Birthdays & Anniversaries - children enjoy celebrating special occasions with the adults by dropping coins into the birthday cake box during the week of their birthday.
- Sunday School is provided by a skilled Sunday School teacher and her assistant using the "Seasons of the Spirit" curriculum. Bible stories, related activities and crafts are enjoyed.
- We are blessed by having many pianists and soloists.
- We enjoy a broad range of traditional and contemporary hymns from Voices United and More Voices.
- We would be grateful to expand our musical instruments to accompany our services and Special Music.
We are an informal congregation represented by rural agriculture/ranching, oil & gas/forestry industries, independent business owners and public service sectors representing health and education professions. Our dress code ranges from very casual to business casual.
How can I contribute to this church?
- We highly value everyone's gifts and talents of time and money.
- All identifiable financial donations are tax deductible. These are used to pay for the Minister, any Support staff (clerical, janitorial, snow removal), church supplies for services and utilities/insurance.
- Please contact our office at 403-638-4428 if you would like to receive weekly envelopes or register for the Pre-Authorized Remittance (PAR) program. PAR is a "direct debit" program that allows people to support their church through an automatic monthly withdrawal from either their bank account or credit card. Increasing numbers of people find that monthly direct debiting allows them to intentionally support and honour their local congregation. PAR sign-up sheets are available at the back of the church or from the office.
Who can receive Communion?
The United Church of Canada believes in an open table to all children and adults who believe in Jesus Christ as our Saviour.
How do I arrange to visit with the Minister?
Please call the office at 403-638-4428 to arrange a visit with a Minister to review your needs or interests. Contact numbers are on the answering machine.
How long is the service?
Usually the service takes place from 1:30 - 2:40 pm approximately. We are always pleased if you can make time to stay for refreshments and fellowship following the service.